-->

First day of school & Blackberry Muffins

I cannot believe that I dropped my 6th grader off at school today. I just cannot believe how fast he's grown and how fast summer went by. I'm very excited about his new school, the teachers seem really nice. We are entering a new season in our lives now. I'm excited for this year. God is moving in my life in big ways. I have a renewed faith. I'm excited to start the mom's groups this fall and get to know some nice ladies.

Sunday after church we went over to my in-laws, while we were there I decided to pick all of the blackberries they have along their back field. After giving up because it was too hot, I ended up with over 6 cups of blackberries. Yesterday I made blackberry cobbler and blackberry muffins. The crust for the cobbler didn't turn out like I like it. It's fine, just not a true cobbler to me so I'm not going to share that recipe, I want to find a better one, but I will share the muffin recipe. They turned out fluffy and delicious. They were a good start for the first day of school, not too much for that nervous tummy.

Blackberry Muffins

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 larger eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp milk
1 cup sugar
8 tbsp melted butter (1 stick)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups ( I used 2) of fresh blackberries, if you use frozen make sure to thaw and drain first

Preheat over to 400 degrees F

Grease standard 12 muffin pan, this will make 18 large muffins. Instead of making 6 more muffins I baked the remainder in a bread pan.

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, sugar, butter and vanilla.

Add wet mixture to dry and mix together until just moistened. Add the berries, lightly fold over, don't over mix. Batter should be lumpy.

Divide the batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Let cool 2-3 minutes before removing from pan.

Enjoy!

Photobucket 

No comments :

Post a Comment