-->

Encouraging Word Wednesday Week #3

First off this week I have a little note to share: Encouraging Word Wednesday is not intended to sound preachy, I'm not a theologist, just a follower of Christ looking for a place to share what I'm learning as I go through life's journey and while I learn of Christ's love for me. I figured my blog was the perfect place to do this. I love hearing and reading encouraging words throughout the day, so I wanted to share what I learn.


For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery- but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Ephesians 5:31-32

Right now  in church we are participating in a program from Family Life called the Art of Family Series. There are 6 parts; God's heart for Marriage 1&2, God's heart for Men, God's heart for Women, God's heart for children and God's heart for singles.

This has been a very profound learning experience for my family. In this world today our marriages are under attack by many influences. We constantly hear of unfaithful spouses, divorces, abandonment, the list goes on and on, sadly. But in this series we are learning that our marriage is to be a mirror image of our relationship with God. In essence we are married to God. When we take our vows we're actually vowing to God. Our marriage is to be treated as a covenant not a contract. You don't make contracts with God. People break contracts all the time these days as they do marriages, but a covenant is not to be broken.

Divorce has been made so easy these days, that when times get tough people just call it quits. It's hard not to think it's okay when someone like Pat Robertson of The 700 Club tells a man it's ok to get a divorce when his wife has Alzheimer's. That couldn't be anymore against the basic vow of "in sickness and in health".

Life isn't supposed to be easy, we don't know what the future holds for our health. But abandoning your spouse when they get an incurable disease and when they need you most, that's a slap in their face and in God's. So now you don't get what you want, you think your spouse wants to live like that? This is the best time to turn to God,  no it's not easy, but you made a vow to your partner and to God. God will not turn you away, He will get you through.

No I haven't personally gone through this myself. And I know it's a horrible disease that makes taking care of your spouse extremely difficult, but even if I needed outside help, like a nurse or a home, I wouldn't dare turn my back on my husband that has loved and cared for me for so many years and I won't dare turn my back on my vow to God.

He reached down from on high and took hold of me, He drew me out of deep waters.

2 Samuel 22:17

You are my lamp, O Lord, the Lord turns my darkness into light.

2 Samuel 22:29

Have a great day!
Photobucket 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment