-->

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Nut Cookies


Sometimes all it takes is a little time. After a couple of days of looking at my vinyl wall decor my husband said he liked it. After he mentioned that he didn't really like it, I didn't say a word about it. Then out of no where he said oh by the way I do actually like that after looking at it. So that was nice.

Friday I baked up some yummy goodness. We have a lot of zucchini from the garden that needs to be used so I've been looking for clever ways to use it. I've already baked a chocolate zucchini cake, but it turned out kind of funky because they said to put orange and cinnamon in it so I don't want to share the recipe, even though Brenden liked it. After I adjust it, then I'll share. I've also grated 4 cups worth and put in the freezer for later this winter. These tasty little morsels are already all gone.



Chocolate Chip Zucchini Nut Cookies
or Choczucchinut Cookies for short

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in the egg and vanilla, mix well, then stir in the shredded zucchini. Sift together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon, stir into the zucchini mixture. Finally, stir in the oats, pecans and chocolate chips.
Drop dough from a teaspoon onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Leave at least 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The cookies will stay soft and moist because of the zucchini. These are super good right out of the oven, with milk of course.

Partying at:





Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party
Making


Photobucket 

No comments :

Post a Comment