-->

Five Friday Faves: Hair Care Picks

The topic this week is inexpensive go to hair care products and my routine. 

I have tried loads and loads of different hair care products from expensive to inexpensive. Some have worked great and some have not regardless of the price. Recently I was watching the Youtube video below. Anna, whom I adore for fashion, beauty and all things mommy related mentioned she used Aussie hair products. I hadn't used them in years and actually had forgotten about them. I was in desperate need of a whole new line up of hair care products so I decided to go with all Aussie for washing and conditioning.



I'm so glad I listened to her advice. These products are truly a great value for the price. You can find them at most big box stores and drug store chains. I purchased the big pump bottles from Target. I have the opposite problem of Anna as my hair is very fine and oily so I wash most days. The Aussome Volume shampoo gives me a great clean and does add volume. The smell is amazing. I will definitely be repurchasing this shampoo which is a big deal for me!


I went ahead and went with the conditioner that goes along with the shampoo. This is the conditioner I use daily. It also smells wonderful and does not weigh down my hair. Most days I only condition the ends but occasionally I will condition my whole head and it does not leave my hair greasy or heavy at all.


Usually one day a week sometimes two I will do a deep condition with the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Conditioner. This stuff really is a miracle in a bottle. The smell is beyond amazing, my favorite, and it feels like a super fancy hair treatment. A tiny little bit goes a long way with this product. Sometimes I do just the ends and sometimes my whole head. It takes a little longer than the Aussome Volume conditioner to rinse out but the the result is worth it. I feel like I'm really taking care of my hair when I use this. Also, even though it is a thick heavy conditioner it does not weigh my hair down at all.


Some days I do not wash my hair. I either don't have time or just don't feel like getting to it when I know I'm just staying home. But that doesn't mean that I want to look like I didn't wash my hair. By the time I wake up every morning my hair is a greasy mess. I can't figure out how to change this so I blame it on my genes. Luckily I discovered dry shampoo a few years back. Some of them can get pretty expensive but this Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo was super affordable at Target again. It smells wonderful and gives your hair a fresh smell to start your day. I spray it along my part at the roots and then along my hair line at my face and then in the crown area and sometimes along my neck line. I wait a minute and then rub it in with my fingers. It really does a great job of freshening my hair and taking away the oil.


The other product I use on no wash days is the Big Sexy Hair Powder Play. I sprinkle this along my part area and rub it in after I've used the dry shampoo. This adds some texture to my hair and soaks up any remaining oil that could be there. Once I've rubbed it in I brush and style and I'm ready to go. 


All in all I try to keep my hair care routine pretty quick. I do use other products when styling my hair after a wash but I wanted to share only my washing/refreshening products today. I have reviewed all of these products on Influenster as well. If you have not signed up for Influenster yet check my out the link below. It is a site where you can give your opinions on products that you use everyday and have the possibility of receiving boxes of free products to review called VoxBoxes. It's a fun community where your voice is really heard and put to use.

No comments :

Post a Comment