-->

Late nights amping up my blog

I've decided to start taking my blog to the next level. I've had it now for the better part of a year and decided it's time to start taking it more seriously. My goal at first was to enter the craft world mainly through scrapbooking and share my creations and learn from others in the process. Well scrapbooking, turned into card making, which turned into a full blown obsession with anything homemade and crafty in general. Then I decided to share my life and homemaking skills or lack there of. As you can see I'm not the kind of person who can stick to one topic. Must be the gemini in me.

I tried sticking to a weekly routine where certain days of the week were dedicated to certain posts, like Homemaking Mondays, Tasty Tuesday and so forth. But that kind of structure is too hard for me to keep up. But an idea that does work well for me is the time that I dedicate to my crafts. Like if I give myself and 1 to 2 hours a day (depending on what's going on) to do a certain craft and work on something different everyday. ie: Scrapbooking-Monday, Sewing-Tuesday, Card Making-Wednesday and so on. This way I can work on alot of the stuff that's going on inside my head, not get bored and always have different things to blog about. I'm starting this now but once school starts I'll stick to it more.

I'll talk more about my schedule and ideas in another post. Too much to write about here.

I want to blog Monday through Friday and someday hopefully I will get sponsors, but I'm a long ways away from that.

So anyways, ways that I've amped up my blog, is for one I have a new look, I think it's a little more consistent than before and it really excites me everytime I see it. Then I've added a facebook fan page and link, a link for my e-bay store, I created an e-mail dedicated to this blog, I've added StumbleUpon, social network share buttons and have done other neat stuff.

I learned all about this from http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/2011/06/how-to-grow-your-blog.html  I started with reading her post on how to create a favicon, which I had been trying to figure out for a couple of days and up pops her post on my dashboard, then that led me to her super helpful "how to grow your blog" post. I learned so many things and have pretty much utilized everything. Thank you Jamie.
So on that note, I have many crafts to conquer, posts to start before I forget (another thank you Jamie), a baby to feed and laundry (booo).

Have a great day!


Photobucket
 

1 comment :

  1. you are so very welcome :) im happt the posts were useful to you!

    ReplyDelete