-->

Mini morsel shortbread squares

I have been cleaning for the arrival of my parents. They are coming for Hannah's first birthday. They are driving from Oklahoma and should be here tomorrow. It should be a fun visit. 

Well I have sad news about Hannah's Sprout birthday card. Even though I checked to see how much postage I should put on the envelope, it still wasn't enough and it was returned. There wasn't enough time to get it back to Sprout so we just decided to keep it and we'll try again next year.

My camera is out of memory and that's why I'm at the computer now, I'm loading everything on to Cd's. Once I have room again I'll take pics of all of the Easter/birthday decorations I've made and set up.

For now here is a recipe for some super yummy chocolate chip bars that I found on the back of the chocolate chip bag. I wanted something chocolate but couldn't figure out what I wanted to make so I just looked at the back of the bag and there it was. These were super easy and very yummy.

Mini Morsel Shortbread Squares

2 sticks butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
12 oz bag of semi-sweet mini morsels

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
Beat in egg and vanilla.
 Gradually beat in flour.
Stir in 1 cup mini morsels

Press into bottom of greased 13x9 baking pan.

Bake for 30 min.

Immediately sprinkle with remaining mini morsels. Let stand for 5 min then spread evenly.
Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.

I loved the crunchy shortbread. These will become a regular treat in our house.


Linking up to:
UndertheTableandDreaming

 
Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. They look really good. Yummy Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!!

    I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Go check it out

    http://www.laforcebewithyou.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete