-->

{baby shower gift & cookies!}

Last Saturday I went to a friends baby shower, I've had this gift ready for a couple of weeks but haven't been able to post it just in case she saw it. They don't know the sex yet but the nursery theme is Lion King on Broadway so I made the basket safari theme. I took a plain basket that I found for 50% off and decorated it with some ribbon and a wood Giraffe that I found in the dollar bin at Michael's. I think it turned out pretty cute. I then filled it with a lion blanket, safari receiving blankets, elephant snugglie and a tile that I made on an easel. The idea for the tile is courtesy of Courtney at http://courtneyscrafty.blogspot.com/. You take a super cheap tile from Home Depot and mod podge a piece of scrap paper to it, this one I wrapped the piece of paper around and taped it to the back for extra support, the next one I do I will cut the paper to fit the tile and not wrap it around. Then you cut your letter or whatever you want on the tile, I don't have a cricut so I just printed out the letter on cardstock and traced it onto my paper and then cut it out with an exacto knife, it really didn't take much time at all. I don't know the name yet so I did a "B" for their last name and did upper and lower case to make it look alphabety, yes I just wrote that. Finish off with 2 or 3 more layers of mod podge (let dry 10-15 min after each layer) and that's it. I thinks it's super cute and personal. For this one I just had to hunt down some papers that worked but I found them all at Craft Warehouse.
I also made the card, it's just comprised of a pre-cut natural paper card, some felt letters, scrap paper and a wooden magnet I found in the dollar bin at Michael's and colored with my Bic Mark-it's. My friend seemed to like everything so I think it was a success. Sorry for blurry pics I'm working on the settings with my camera and didn't see that these shot as blurry.









I can't wait to share all the things I'm doing for the shower that's coming up in two weeks.

Also my mom sent two big bags of Hershey kisses for Valentine's day, so today I made some peanut butter blossoms. As I went the balls kept getting bigger so I wound up with extra kisses and added some extras to the bigger cookies, oh well. =]


Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment