-->

Before Five in a Row: Katy No-Pocket


((Hannah is 4))
 ((Danny is 2))

 
 As of right now Katy No-Pocket is the last book we will be rowing this year. Not sure what we're going to be doing now but with summer right around the corner we might just take some time off and focus on lots of outdoor time. As I go on this journey I'm starting to realize some things. One is that Hannah needs activity time, two is that she gets bored with the same activities every week. She started getting really bored with the printable activities that go along with the books we are rowing. Even though they were different subjects and different activities she would get bored. This was tricky. I'm still trying to figure this out. I'm hoping that the preschool program that I've chosen will fix this. From reading it so far it looks like we're doing something different everyday. So besides focusing on outdoor time now, which the kids can never get enough of, I want to make sure Hannah is having some sort of book time and table activity still, they probably won't be related though like when rowing books.

On to Katy No-Pocket.

 Danny was really focusing on putting the pom poms into the bowls, it was so cute.


 Hannah painted the cover for the folder that will store this books activities.


 More cuteness, he just likes to flip the squares up and then swipe them all down with this hand, good for fine motor skills.

They wore their little aprons and you can't really see it but they have tools in the pockets like the nice man in the book.

 More play-doh and straws, so much fun, who knew?



 I put this whole book together for her, she was not interested at all, but once it was done she really enjoyed looking at the Daddy, Mommy and baby animals.


She also had fun naming the pictures on the cards. All in all it was a good week, I'm so glad we tried Before Five in a Row and I love the concept. I  might come back to it for Danny when he's a little older, but right now I think it's time to move on to a different style for learning time. I had planned on rowing through the summer so now that I've changed my mind I'm not sure what we will be doing.

No comments :

Post a Comment