-->

Bake, Bake, Bake all day long....

It's that time of year that makes me want to bake... alot. Yesterday, I made some peanut butter banana bread, I had some bananas that were extrememly ripe, I didn't have any nuts to add to the bread but wanted to do something so I added peanut butter, it turned out pretty good. Normally I use butter in all of my cooking, but we ran out and I don't want to go into town just for butter so I substituted with oil and it worked just fine.


Peanut Butter Banana Bread
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 bananas (this is what I happened to have to use, you can use how ever many you have, it will just taste more like banana or less)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup peanut butter (this you can also adjust depending on taste)

Preheat oven 325 degrees
Grease 1 loaf pan.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream oil and sugar.
Add the eggs, blending well.
Add the bananas, flour, baking soda, vanilla and pb. I use an electric mixer because I don't have to pre-mash the bananas that way.
Mix well.
Pour batter into greased pan.
Bake 1 hour or until brown.

I also took some pictures of our tree and one of my favorite decorations. We've yet to put the star on the tree and my gnome's foot broke, so we plastered it but haven't colored it. You can't see it in the picture but the gnome's candle flickers. Our last house was so small and our sectional was so big that we couldn't put this tree up but now we have plenty of room, so we're pretty excited. Right now, we do not do a real tree, we prefer having a hassle free experience and we use candles for the smell. When our little one's are older we probably will do a real tree for the experience.


 Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment