-->

The Delight of a Quiet Radical


Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God. Job 22:26

Learning to live in grace is bringing more delight than I could have ever imagined.
Embracing the path that God has chosen for my life has brought peace, assurance and clarity.
I was searching for what was right in front of me the whole time. Looking for some way to serve other than what was laid before me. You are where you are for a reason, God does not make mistakes.
Opening my heart to God, sharing my desires, asking for guidance and being willing to go his way has made all of the difference in the world.

For me it was realizing that my ministry was in my home with my little ones. To lead them to Christ through our special time together daily. My time will come when I am supposed to be out of the home, but that is for another season. I had been struggling with this for a while and I was completely oblivious of the task I had before me. God has blessed me with a very special lady in my life who told me to read the blog post that she just wrote about this very subject.

God used my dear friends words to speak right to my heart, open my eyes and allow me to embrace this season rather than fight it. It's funny, even though we planned on starting a family, made a way for me to stay home and agreed to homeschool, there was still part of me that was fighting this whole season. I got sucked into the everyday mundane and didn't really see any delight in what I was doing. I had lost sight that what I was doing could be the most important thing I do in my life. God had already been working on my heart and through Joy's post he helped me see the truth and find purpose. 

I realized that I am a quiet radical doing my part right now for God's kingdom. I am part of a movement, some might only see as wiping noses, bottoms and messes as I did before, but I've learned that it is a movement that can make a big difference in the future. I'm learning to find delight in these everyday tasks of this very short season. I'm on a mission, I'm part of a movement, I am a quiet radical! 

Will you make your declaration and join me in the movement?


3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're trying to decide about my working/staying home. I love the way you've laid this out. I'll be considering your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helene, thank you for reading. I'm happy to hear that it has touched someone. I pray that you can find delight and purpose in the decision that you make.

    ReplyDelete