-->

Encouraging Word Wednesday

And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Colossians 1:10-14

Well I was only going to talk about Colossians 1:10 but then after reading through 14, I wanted to include it all. To me this verse pretty much sums it all up.

The first part of this kind of ties into last weeks verse to me. By this I mean, in everything you do, do with delight and to please the Lord.

 The rest of this verse means to me that God has given us everything, if we choose to accept it and live to please the Him. He has laid everything out for us, giving us a place for eternal life with Him and forgiving us of our constant sin. Though I try my best to live a Christian life, it's not always the easiest thing to do in this horribly dark world, none of us are perfect, I screw up all the time, in fact yesterday I took the Lord's name in vain twice, once when Hannah got ahold of a sharp knife (now I know she can reach up on the counter), that's only one of the sins I commit throughout the day. But as I'm going about my day and catch myself I ask for forgiveness and try to do better and guess what; I'm forgiven. I'm not saying go through each day doing whatever you want and at the end of the day go down your list asking for forgiveness. But it's nice to know that even when you screw up, even if it's sometimes intentional you will be forgiven. But always, always, try to do better in the future. God knows your heart and intentions.

Everything good is right there waiting for you, all you have to do is reach out, grab it and serve to the best of your ability.

After I wrote this draft yesterday, I heard a song that emplifies the last part of this verse more to me. Very powerful.

Sidewalk Prophets - You love me anyway

Hope you have a great day!
Photobucket 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment